Data collected from Google’s Internet-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is used to better optimize the functionality of the website for the information and services best suited to its audience. You can visit this page to opt out.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
Last updated: 2019
- Objective & Scope of Policy
- The Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
- Visiting Nissan Websites
- Information for Subscribers to NissanConnect services
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Opting out of Marketing Promotions
- Amendments to this Policy
- Nissan Dealers
- Contact Us
1. Objective & Scope of Policy
For quality assurance purposes, we monitor and record calls to our service & sales departments.
2. The Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
Cochrane Nissan collects various types of information from or about you and your vehicle such as: your name, address, telephone/cellphone number, email address, title, language preferences, age, education, occupation, marital and/or family status, VIN, and credit history and financial information when you use this website and enter into a lease or loan contract.
Cochrane Nissan collects Personal Information from you in a number of different ways:
- Directly from you, for example, when you complete a survey, participate in a contest or event, when you enter into a lease or loan contract with Cochrane Nissan or an affiliate and/or you purchase other products and services from Cochrane Nissan or an affiliate, such as an extended services plan.
- When you visit a Cochrane Nissan website.
- When you purchase or lease a vehicle from Cochrane Nissan, service your vehicle or take a test drive.
- From credit bureaus and consumer reporting agencies when you apply to enter a into a lease or loan contract.
Cochrane Nissan does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and does not use such information if Cochrane Nissan discovers that it has been provided by a minor. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Cochrane Nissan may use and disclose your Personal Information to:
- manage our relationship with you, including to facilitate, complete or confirm any transaction or purchase of goods or services you choose to enter with us, including warranty coverage;
- provide you with offers, incentives, marketing and/or promotional materials such as brochures and special offers, and other information about Cochrane Nissan and its products and services and the products and services offered by a third party;
- evaluate your application for a lease or loan contract, and if you are approved, to administer and manage your account, including without limitation, for the purposes of credit reporting;
- manage your purchase, lease or loan contract, including, reviewing credit applications, evaluating your credit and conducting initial and periodic credit checks;
- operate our websites in accordance with their terms and conditions;
- collect amounts owing to Cochrane Nissan, which may include realizing security interests in vehicles;
- manage Cochrane Nissan’s relationship with its dealers;
- improve Cochrane Nissan’s products and services;
- administer any extended service plan benefits and services;
- conduct customer surveys and participate in market research studies conducted by organizations on behalf of Cochrane Nissan;
- conduct promotional activities including contests;
- respond to your questions, or provide you with information or materials you have requested;
- meet any legal or regulatory requirements, including notifying you of any product recalls or notices, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law; and
- such other purposes consistent with the foregoing purposes or which are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership or assignment of all or part of Cochrane Nissan or its assets or shares. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination of whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Please note that there are circumstances where Cochrane Nissan may use and/or disclose your Personal Information without your consent, such as when disclosure:
- is permitted or required by law, court order, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal;
- is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- is necessary to establish or collect monies owing to Cochrane Nissan;
- is necessary to permit Cochrane Nissan to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that Cochrane Nissan may sustain; or
- the information is publicly available in accordance with the applicable law.
Cochrane Nissan will not disclose more Personal Information than is required for the purpose of the disclosure.
Cochrane Nissan endeavors to ensure that any Personal Information in its control is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which Cochrane Nissan uses or discloses that Personal Information.
Cochrane Nissan retains Personal Information as long as Nissan believes it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Currently, Cochrane Nissan holds Personal Information in Alberta, Canada. Cochrane Nissan does not have in place a Records Retention Policy which outlines the procedures for the retention and subsequent disposition of Cochrane Nissan records including those records that contain Personal Information.
Personal Information held by Cochrane Nissan may be stored or hosted on servers in other countries, including the European Union and the United States and, as a result, the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies may require disclosure of your personal information without your consent under the applicable laws of such countries, including the USA Patriot Act.
Cochrane Nissan endeavors to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its offices and information storage facilities so as to help prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Information.
When our application asks users to enter Personal Information, we use “Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”)” encryption technology to help safeguard your Personal Information.
Cochrane Nissan further protects Personal Information by restricting access to it only to those employees and service providers that have a business need to know it to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Cochrane Nissan has a policy under which employee misuse of Personal Information is treated as a serious offence for which disciplinary action may be taken.
6. Visiting Cochrane Nissan Websites
Cochrane Nissan does not respond to “do not track” beacons or other such signals.
Cochrane Nissan also maintains standard web logs that record data about all visitors to its websites. These logs may contain the:
- IP address assigned to your computer;
- type of browser operating system you are using;
- date and time you visited our websites;
- pages you viewed on our websites;
- address of the website from which you linked to our website;
- Device utilized.
Cochrane Nissan uses web logs and clickstream information to help us design and improve our websites, to identify popular site features and to make the sites more useful for visitors. Web logs are recorded in sequential files, and we normally do not attempt to identify individuals from these logs. However, we may use web logs to identify persons trying to break into, disrupt, or damage our website(s) or user experience or as permitted or required by applicable laws.
Interest-Based/Online Behavioural Advertising
Third Party Websites
Cochrane Nissan’s website may contain links to other websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Cochrane Nissan is not responsible for how these third party websites collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information. You should review the privacy policies/statements of all the websites you visit for information about how they handle your Personal Information.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal information
You can review, correct or update some of your Personal Information by contacting customer service – see “Contact Us” below. The type of information available through customer service includes your name, address, telephone/cellphone number, vehicle information and previous contact with customer service. If you wish to request additional information, please send your request to the attention of our Privacy Officer. Cochrane Nissan will require sufficient personal information to verify your identity and the details about the personal information you are interested in before processing your request. Where information will be disclosed, Cochrane Nissan will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable time.
Cochrane Nissan will not be able to provide you with access to information that is exempt from disclosure such as: the Personal Information of another individual, commercial proprietary information and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
8. Opting out of Marketing Promotions
You can unsubscribe from Cochrane Nissan’s marketing promotions by either unsubscribing to our marketing emails, or by contacting customer service – see “Contact Us” below for other marketing communications. When you withdraw your consent you may no longer receive information on services and products that may be of value to you, not including information relating to your NissanConnect Services. Nissan will retain Personal Information if it is required by law, to meet our contractual obligations such as honoring your warranty.
9. Amendments to this Policy
10. Nissan Dealers
Nissan dealers are independently owned legal entities separate from Nissan Canada. You should refer to your Nissan dealer’s privacy statement/policy to ensure you understand how they handle your Personal Information. When you finance or lease your vehicle through a Nissan dealer, you may be informed that your Personal Information may be shared with Nissan and other third parties.
11. Contact Us
Nissan Canada Inc. Customer Information Centre 5290 Orbitor Drive Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z5
Toll Free Number: 1-800-387-0122
Nissan Canada Financial Service Inc.
Client Relations Department
5290 Orbitor Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Z5
Western Canada: 1-800-268-0754
Eastern Canada: 1-800-268-6499
Privacy Officer & Data Controller:
7 River Heights Drive
Cochrane, AB T4C 0N8
Attention: Privacy Officer